Lasers in dentistry allow many procedures to be performed with minimally invasive techniques, resulting in reduced pain, less bleeding, faster recovery times, and fewer appointments.
Dental lasers are a medical technology that emits a beam of concentrated light. When used for surgical and periodontal procedures, the laser acts as a cutting instrument. The procedures performed with dental lasers are minimally invasive and preferable to conventional surgery.
Lasers in dentistry allow for many procedures to be performed with no noise, minimal pain, less bleeding, faster recovery times, and fewer appointments.
Some additional benefits lasers have over traditional methods include:
- No noise
- Reduced heat and vibration
- Little or no need for anesthetic
- Minimal bleeding
- Faster treatment time
- Increased rate of retention of implants
- Reduced damage to healthy tissues
- Minimal post-operative swelling and discomfort
- Fewer infections or post-operative complications
Treatments involving the Deka Co2 laser include:
- Place dental implants
- Reshape gum tissue
- Biopsy or remove soft tissue lesions and ulcers
- Remove areas of tooth decay
- Increase rate of retention of implants
- Eliminate infection in gum tissue pockets
- Fuse tissues
- Perform frenectomies (such as correction of ankyloglossia)
- Perform oral surgery and extractions
Four Convenient Locations To Serve You!
Contact one of our offices today to schedule your appointment with our tri city dentistry.
Call today to request an appointment!
Yelm St. Call Now
Washington St. Call Now